Teach your young children about geography AND your family heritage. Where Have You Been? is a personal travels icebreaker that has multiple benefits. Your house guests/ visitors/ company/ relatives can make a significant contribution to expanding your children's understanding of geography, all while having fun themselves.
List of topics each person may choose from:
- It’s the furthest I’ve ever been from my home.
- My most intense experience was there.
- It’s my favorite memory-place.
- My longest stay away from home was here.
- My most significant friendship was made there.
- It’s the prettiest spot I’ve ever been.
- It has the worst traffic I’ve ever seen.
- Best food anywhere (except at home).
- It’s the first city I ever visited outside my country.
- I’m still in touch with someone there.
- My most life-changing experience was there.
- I’d return there in a heartbeat.
Use this idea to get to know new friends in a social gathering. Use it over the holidays for getting to know (and especially, helping your young children to learn about) friends and family inter-generationally and from near and far your home. The concept is simple (and brand new, only from Homeschool How-Tos) and the price is right! A great way to train young children to love and respect their elders.