Fast Phonics (course/bound volume): Do you know of anyone—mom or grandmom—who needs to teach phonics to a child or. . . more >>
Solar energy generation made simple (e-book): A three-page fact sheet describing how a family can generate and use solar power with no hassles. . . more >>
Homeschool How-to’s Audio Thumbdrive: Audio homeschool how-to’s by Renée Ellison on a re-usable 8GB flash drive. More than 76 hours. 131. . . more >>
Bach and Rembrandt Biographies (audio CD)
The inspiring true stories of two masters, as popularly told by Renée Ellison in schools. Includes musical excerpts. A Christian perspective on the great German composer and the Dutch painting genius. Fascinating!
Tracks 1-9 are the story of J. S. Bach (48 minutes). Tracks 10-12 are about Rembrandt (24 minutes).
This Item is included as audio CD #26 in Renee’s Homeschool How-to CD’s (our Item #86-2).
The Secretary to Christopher Parkening wrote to one of our customers after listening to this CD of the history of Bach: “We really enjoyed listening to it, and learned some things we didn’t know before about this great musician and man of God.”
Descriptive list of the tracks on this CD:
- 1. Bach’s birth
- 2. [“We Hasten…” music] What Bach was / his musical accomplishments
- 3. [Organ toccata music] Bach as a composer
- 4. [Swingle Singers music excerpt] Bach’s childhood
- 5. [a fugue] Bach’s employment with Duke Wilhelm
- 6. [flute solo] Henrietta arrives/ Bach leaves Prince Leopold
- 7. [vocal solo: “O Sacred Head, Now Wounded”] Bach at Thomasschule; old age; blindness
- 8. [vocal solo with piano: “My Heart, Ever Faithful”] Anna Magdalena
- 9. What we can learn from the character of J. S. Bach
- 10. The Story of Rembrandt: intro / his eyes
- 11. Precious items in his house; his debt; childhood
- 12. Heindricke / Rembrandt’s powers of focus/ work ethic
Already Purchased? Please submit a rating for this product:
Please log in to submit your rating.
Ratings for this Entry:
Sorry, no ratings have been submitted for this product.