Saturday, 13. September 2014 by Renee Ellison
We ourselves were wondering how to respond to the crisis in Iraq, and investigated several ministries. We were impressed with what we learned about this one, recommended by Nancy Campbell of Above Rubies, and thought you might like to know about it as well.
Recently, RUN has rescued more than 7000 people. As of September 4, 2014 there were 697 families under RUN’s care (a family tends to be about 10 individuals). RUN’s commitment is to provide loving care, the good news, safety, shelter, food and water for a short term until a permanent place for these families can be found. RUN notes that “None of this would have been possible with your generosity and commitment to freedom. You have helped to rescue so many and surely your eternal reward will be great. At the same time, I must say that our responsibility to be a light in this horrific darkness is not over. We must continue to provide love, peace, shelter, food and water to those who have lost loved ones, including their own children. There are thousands of people who are depending on us today.”
More about RUN:
“Reaching Unreached Nations was founded in 1990 by Eric and Becky Watt and is a USA registered 501c3 tax-deductible organization. An interdenominational mission, RUN subscribes to the Lausanne Covenant and cooperates with Christians around the world to help fulfill the Great Commission.
“For more than 2 decades God has enabled RUN to equip thousands of first generation Christian leaders from within the 10/40 Window, providing evangelistic media tools, a culturally sensitive discipleship model and practical skills for their ministries to become self-sustaining. Over this time a solid network of committed believers has been built in that region. RUN’s partners live and work in this region. “
Statement of Faith of RUN [quoted verbatim]:
- * We believe that God does not want anyone to perish but that everyone comes to repentance and that God’s authoritative Word details how we might be saved and grow in Him.
- * We believe that the Holy Spirit is the master strategist directing us to be innovative in creating ministry openings and to focus resources at the enemy’s weakest point.
- * We believe biblical and mutually edifying relationships to be the foundation upon which effective ministry is built. We believe that the participation of local believers and churches is crucial to the evangelization of their own people groups.
- * We believe that to remove the blindness of people’s minds against the gospel, strategic-level spiritual warfare must accompany all evangelistic and church planting efforts.
- * We believe in the unity of the Body of Christ and will cooperate with any Christian mission agency, church or body wherever possible to express that oneness.
- * We believe that to fulfill the Great Commission all Christians should play a significant role in seeing the Gospel proclaimed and the Kingdom established in the 10/40 Window.